Monday, March 11, 2013

Daylight Savings Time

Whether it's for farm communities as we all believe or energy conservation as the government would have us believe, it is a questionable activity that occurs around this time every year.Fall backwards and Spring forward is an adage of which we are all familiar. Twice a year we fool with time in order to make our lives better. The extra sun at this time is a wonderful benefit but the loss of an hour of sleep for me and the readjustment of my body clock to the current reality seems a high price to pay. Not all individuals are as sensitive to this seemingly minute change but enough people are on my side that I decided to investigate this tradition.

It would appear that in it's original inception, it actually had little to do with farm country. It is all  about the government's idea that this change twice a year would bring about the use of LESS energy. So far, studies are inconclusive as to the benefits of this event. Some studies prove we save while others prove we don't. All I can prove is that I don't like it and I do feel it no matter what anyone else says. I believe we should hang out with Hawaii. Tropical island paradise has gotta know something that we don't

No comments:

Post a Comment