Monday, April 29, 2013

The Cracks of the Clothing World

Okay fashion industry, it is well past time for you to get it together. I am in a land where I am too big to be small and too small to be big. According to a woman who designed a costume for me, I am all bust. I have a waist I have curves, I can shop in any store from the waist down but because "the girls" are well developed, dresses and shirts are my enemy. I also have the unfortunate luck of having a size 10 and a half wide shoe size. I literally fall between the cracks of the clothing world. Whether it is too small, too big or not small/big enough, one thing is for certain; I am not alone.

I have been on shoe shopping excursions to find many other delightful divas unable to find footwear that's the right look or size. Why does the industry believe that a big foot equals bad taste? Why do the fashion gurus think that basic black or obnoxious prints are the only styles worthy of covering  those above a size 10? Why have we continually allowed them to dictate the styles of our life? I am not a Barbie Doll, Wanna be rock star, bland soccer mom, stripper nor Hollywood wife and I would like the fashion options and footwear that state that.

While I am at it, what's up with the "pros-ti-tot" attire? Everywhere I look I see the sexualization  of our youth. NO one needs a pair of skinny jeans. I should not be seeing kinders in pleather knee high boots and elementary girls in short shorts that make Daisy Dukes look like respectable church attire. I am tired of seeing your thong. I hate knowing what boxers you are wearing. Our boys need to pull up their pants. It's been 30 years now buy a belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment