Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Hate the Jonas Brothers

I am going to say it. "I HATE the Jonas Brothers" I am very glad the Jonas Brothers in 3D movie did not do as well as they expected as it reassures me that the general public's taste has not gone so far off the deep end as I originally believed. I cannot fathom how this off-key, formulaic, blandafied sound is considered good. I feel bad for Hanson now. I was never a fan but, Hanson's music had more substance to it than this and we mocked them terribly.

The Jonas Brothers top a list that is steadily growing. This list contains many individuals who were in the right place at the right time and are now somehow "stars". Beyonce, for example, is everywhere. She is a talented young lady but she is NOT as talented as the masses would like us to believe. She is Not a great actress. She is not that fantastic of a dancer. She does Not have the best sense when it comes to fashion ( well when it comes to her mom's fashions. Say NO mom. You're an Adult it's ok) Pop music is her strength. She has great catchy songs that are perfect for your work out or dancing. She had NO business whatsoever singing "At Last". Her voice does not carry it off. If she can sustain a lifelong career like Etta James and Tina Turner (who were smart enough to stick with their strengths) then we won't mind seeing her everywhere but for now let's say we've had enough Beyonce.

Let's stop the madness now. No more formulaic entertainment. Just because the radios are playing it every three hours doesn't mean it's actually good. "Mmm bop, ba duba dop, In an mmmm bop they're gone."

1 comment: