Monday, April 9, 2012

Bunnies and Eggs

As a child, Passover was directly related to the special movies on television. Lots of "Pharaoh  let my people go." quotes were all I actually understood. As I have grown older however I recognize the significance of Passover more readily than bunnies and eggs. I like the rituals and traditions it brings. http://www.chabad.org/holidays/passover/pesach_cdo/aid/871715/jewish/What-Is-Passover.htm


Easter has always meant chocolate bunnies and colored eggs to children who celebrate. Dying eggs festive colors then going hunting for them was always fun. Baskets filled with sweet treats that you traded with siblings, biting ears off bunnies and making faces at funky jelly bean flavors was always a routine right there with going to church.  Springtime rituals crossing over into the story of Jesus, although fun, the connection still confuses me.http://www.history.com/topics/history-of-easter
I will admit though, Sees Candies half price the day after Easter sale on chocolate eggs is calling my name ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment