Monday, May 14, 2012

Shameless Self Promotion

I was the first individual on either side of my family to go to University. It was never a question of If  I go to college but a question of "which college will you attend?". Along the way a phrase was born which I feel, although I understand the reason behind it, limited the scope of my reality. That phrase was, "You will get a real job."

My creative abilities were encouraged. I was told that art makes you a more well-rounded individual and that art was very important. My family listened to music from all over, attended cultural events and enjoyed trips to the museum. There however are no working artists in my immediate family. Art was not a "stable" aspiration and therefore not in the realm of "A real job".

I have discovered that there are many displaced artists in my family tree. I am not content to sit on the branches with them. I have discarded that phrase from my reality and have invested in the artist in me. Fortunately I have fantastic friends who also support me in this creative endeavor. Since December, a whirlwind course has been set in motion leading up to the fantastic culmination of me having 2 of my pieces selected to be a part of a group exhibit in the Art 4 All People Gallery, in Malibu! Today officially launches my website complete with ways to keep up with me on my journey by both Facebook and Twitter. This Saturday is the official Artists Reception. Find out more about this event and join me on my Journey as I experience this amazing adventure. http://www.madnaloy.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment