Thursday, January 31, 2013

Already?

I have no idea how we managed to move 31 days into the future. I am pretty positive New Year's eve just happened. I haven't even been able to do my Madnaloy Moment  Monday post on MONDAY like I should. This time slippin' into the future nonsense has got to stop. I bare got an opportunity to truly appreciate the fact that 2013 is here. This year started off with a flash flood in my apartment followed by 2 and a half weeks worth of construction. It was a much needed pipe restructuring and long overdue face lift but quite inconvenient nonetheless. Combine the maze that was my home, with work, side jobs, creative endeavors and a new romance and January didn't have any chance to be more than quicksilver days.

So far 2013 has been a blur.  It is unsettling to realize that a comment told to me in my youth, "As soon as you're finished picking up the pine needles from Christmas, it's time to start cleaning out the Easter grass." has finally become a reality to me. We saw red hearts the moment the baby New Year left the Party. I am sure that kid does double duty as Cupid. I've a feeling shamrocks are right around the corner. I'm pretty positive I've heard the strains of Hippety Hoppety Easter's on it's Way  in the distance.

I know I can't be alone in this bewildering time warp. Here's hoping that February won't be as fast and furious.

No comments:

Post a Comment