Monday, February 11, 2013

Reflections on a New Year of Life

There's a mad man on the loose. Gun control both for and against is being argued. The Pope is retiring at the end of the month. Women are still being judged by what they wear. Men are still being judged by how masculine is the way they conduct themselves. Sagging pants are still an unwanted fashion choice. A Lohan, Kardashian and Boo Boo Child is apparently newsworthy. The Grammy's have come and gone and the Oscars are on their way. The Year of the Snake is  upon us. Yesterday was my birthday. Valentine's day is near. Everyday reality is here.

 I am reflecting on the new year of my life and what may come my way. We have come far but not as far as we should be today. We are such a diverse population that a true middle ground will not happen for many lifetimes to come. I am in awe at the posts I see from educated, uneducated, informed, uninformed and misinformed minds in regards to current social issues. I fear for tomorrow. I worry that the children are not being taught well by their parents. I worry that a Free and public education will not be available for much longer. I worry that the arts will die before all have an opportunity to taste their beauty. I worry that history is on the verge of repeating itself. We have a long way to go my friends. All I know for now is that the world spins and we continue despite the positive and negative moments which occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment