Monday, February 25, 2013

Patience is a Virtue?

I have often been told that I have a lot pf patience when people discover I work with elementary age children. For them,  that statement is 100% true. I have plenty of patience for my students even on the days when they seem to find that last nerve and bounce all over it. However,  that statement falls woefully short when it comes to dealing with the adults that roam around this world.

I am finding it more and more difficult to keep my patience around the idiotic individuals masquerading as mature these days. When I feel like I need to use teacher voice on the parents rather than the children, on the people living in the building  next door and on the drivers of the LA streets, something has gone terribly wrong.What happened to taking responsibility for your actions? What happened to the words  "please", "thank you", "excuse me" and  "I apologize"? What happened to moving out of the way when you know you are completely blocking the sidewalk to have a conversation that shouldn't be for public consumption? For that matter what happened to non public conversations? I am so sick and tired of hearing you loudly talk on your cell phone.

 Patience is a virtue but for how much longer I will be blessed with that virtue I am not certain. The actions of  the many (as it is quite more than just a few) are digging in. My patience is wearing thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment