Monday, August 12, 2013

Plans and Procrastination III

Well, I was wrong. July was NOT my triumphant return to reality. When the world seems to crash around on all sides sometimes you stand tall and sometimes you hide. Still in other moments you runaway to live to fight another day. I chose a bit of all 3. The possibility of being creative was there but quite ephemeral. I felt urges and yet ignored them or followed them til they disappeared into the shadows at the edge of my reality.

Writers often talk about the perfection environment for writing. There has to be time, energy, creativity and security for this magical thing called writing to occur. July did not bring all of those elements into alignment. Today is the first day I have felt the celestial elements combine and align and I am glad for their return.

Hopefully this creativity castle will stay fixed in the heavens for more than a moment. It is rather exhausting to dig deep within your self and put thought to paper but that is the intent of this blog. I have several subjects to bring forth so in order to catch up with my writing I might post more than one in a week and possibly even in a day.

To all the writers who earn their living in this medium, I applaud your tenacity. This is an effortless process when the words are in stock but the droughts are ever so tedious and time consuming. I am amazed at your ability to bring forth life from such dry ground. Here's to my next round of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment