Monday, September 19, 2011

The World As It Is


 Every now and again it’s nice to just notice the world around you as it is. I noticed a billboard that said, “We intentionally made this billboard boring so that you pay attention to the road.” Now I know I am quoting it, which means I saw it to read it, but I was walking, looked up and saw it. It was a billboard for gas so I am not the target audience. If they don’t want drivers distracted then how are they going to get new customers?

I noticed a mushroom growing in the hall. I’m not kidding. My building’s main hall had a mushroom growing between the carpet and the wall. It made me laugh but it also scared me to death as that means there’s a fungus among us and mold and mildew must be in the walls. It might explain the rising cost of water.

I noticed that birds intentionally find the cleanest car to aim at. I know because I just washed my car and somehow although it was not under a tree or a lamppost or even overhead hanging wires, I have a lovely splotch across my hood. I think the new shiny wax enables easier target practice.

I noticed the beautiful sunset over the hidden lake as the ducks paddled by and the laughter of party goers filled the night. Everything’s a bit better when shared. IT was most definitely a night worth noticing. I wonder what I will notice next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment