Monday, January 13, 2014

Nostalgia TV

There's COZI TV, This TV, Antenna TV and Me TV among many other channels dedicated to the programs of my and my parent's childhood. It's good stuff. Many of the stories still hold up. Seeing a time capsule of clothes and cars makes you remember how far we have come from that time and how far we still have to go. What's amazing about these channels is the fact that even the "violence" of the time is more peaceful than anything you see today. I like not being stressed out by my television. I miss the simpler shows dedicated to actual acting and scripts filled with information. I am obviously not alone as more and more of these time warp television stations are popping up.

I think today's audience needs a good does of nostalgia but made of course from their current stars as they have no connection to mine. We need to bring back Battle of the Network Stars and Circus of the Stars. We need to bring back some ABC after school specials and the timeless teaching tool of School House Rock. No fluff. No CGI. Minimal green screen. More script less fluff. Nostalgia TV is the place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment